聖彼得堡 St Petersburg
St Petersburg is the second largest city and municipality of Russia. It is a cultural, economic, technological and traffic hub. With its ice-free port, St Petersberg has been consistently playing an important role in Russia’s importation and exportation with the European countries. It was founded by Tsar Peter the Great in 1703 and had been the capital of Imperial Russia for more than 200 years under the reigns of Catherine the Great, Alexander I and Nicholas II between the years 1712 and 1918. During Russia’s confrontation with Germany in the First World War, the name was changed from ‘the Saint Petersburg’ to ‘Petrograd’ as a form of de-genmanization (since ‘burg’ is a word from German while ‘grad’ is a Russian word). The name was later changed into ‘Leningrad’ in 1924 to show respect to and bear the remembrance of Lenin who passed away in the same year. It was 1991 until which Leningrad changed its name back to St Petersburg after a referendum. Leningrad was awarded with the honorary title of ‘Hero City’ due to its heroic resistance to the destructive Siege of Leningrad during the Second World War. In this hero city, Emperors of different eras had built a vast number of dazzling and stunning castles, including the F, the Winter Palace and the Catherine Palace, which have all become popular tourist spots. In the aspect of culture, St. Petersburg is well-known with its ballet and music and the St. Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra is even in the list of World best ten symphony orchestras. Even the Petipa revival of Swan Lake had their world-premiere at this world-famous Mariinsky Theatre located in St. Petersburg.
- 觀賞芭蕾舞 Enjoying Ballet Performances
The Russian Ballet Theatre (St. Petersburg State ballet) was created by a hundred-year family of professional actors and soloists of the Maryinsky Theatre. Thanks to their great efforts through the years, the Russian Ballet theatre has turned into an internationally well-received theatre. It is now under the leadership of Borodina Marina. All dancers and soloists of the theatre are outstanding graduates of reputable ballet schools in Russia, and a number of them even graduated from the first Russian ballet school – Vaganova Ballet Academy that was founded in 1738. Soloists are equipped with well-knit basic techniques, extra-ordinary accomplishments, and rich experiences in performances. In the past twenty-seven years and even until now, the troupe has been bringing wonderful performances and glamour of ballet to the audience in the Hermitage Theatre, which is one of top theatres in the world.
- 彼得夏宮花園 Peterhof Palace Gardens
- 聖以薩大教堂 St Isaac’s Cathedral
- 彼得保羅要塞 Peter and Paul Fortress
- 冬宮博物館 Winter Palace位於聖彼得堡的冬宮博物館(Hermitage Museum)，也稱為「隱士廬博物館」、「埃爾米塔日博物館」(音譯)。「冬宮」(Winter Palace)始建於1721年，是彼得大帝及之後俄國帝王的宮殿。至凱瑟琳大帝於1764年加建博物館部份（原為私人博物館），並名為Hermitage (Hermitage 源於法語，意為幽靜之地、隱居，故譯為「隱士廬」)，博物館紀念日也是凱瑟琳大帝的生日──12月7日。至1892年正式向公眾開放。冬宮博物館被譽為世界四大博物館之一，與法國的羅浮宮、英國的大英博物館、美國的大都會藝術博物館齊名。冬宮博物館建築群包括六座建築：冬宮、小隱士廬、舊隱士廬、冬宮劇院、新隱士廬、冬宮儲備庫。建築總面積超過二十三萬平方米，展覽部份面積接近六萬七千平方米，館內藏品超過三百萬項，包括油畫、雕塑、考古文物及古錢幣等，而展出的只有藏品的5%左右。
- The Winter Museum in St. Petersburg is also named as the State Hermitage Museum. Winter Palace was built in 1721 and was the palace where Tsar Peter and other emperors had lived. Catherine the Great later launched an additional construction to create a Museum namely Hermitage to ascribe it with a meaning of tranquil and reclusion. The date of its establishment is also the birthday of Catherine the Great, which are both the 7th of December. It has been open to the public since 1852. This Museum is considered one of the four largest Museums on earth. The collections occupy a large complex of six historic buildings along Palace Embankment, including the Winter Palace, Small Hermitage, Old Hermitage, New Hermitage, Hermitage Theatre and Storage Facility. The whole collections take up a total area of 230,000 square meters with an exhibition area of 67,000 square meters, collecting more than three million exhibits including oil paintings, sculptures, cultural relics and ancient coins. However, only 5% of the exhibits are displayed.
- 亞歷山大石柱 Alexandria Pilla
- 青銅騎士像 Bronze Knight Statue
- 滴血救世主教堂 Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
- 馬林斯基劇院 Mariinsky Theatre
- 觀賞馬戲團 Watching Circus Show
- 國家音樂博物館 The Russian National Museum of Music
- 紅場 Red Square
- 聖巴素大教堂(外觀) St. Basil’s Cathedral (Exterior Sight)
- 克里姆林宮 Kremlin
- GUM國家百貨商場 GUM Department Store
- 地鐵站 Underground
- 麻雀山 Sparrow Hills
- 莫斯科大學（外觀）Moscow State University (Exterior Sight)
- 特色民族小鎮 Kremlin in Izmailovo